CATAGORIES:

Flips (46) Picks (42) Clicks (28) Chicks (19) Digs (19) Trips (18)

Thursday, March 11, 2010

2HIPCHICK and 2GROOVYDUDE BAKE

2Hipchick and 2Groovydude had a date to bake yesterday.  We chose a very chocolatey cake.  I found the recipe in the Parade magazine insert that is in the Sunday paper.  See recipe below.

Finished product with my new favorite icecream, Ben & Jerry's Americone Dream.  Vanilla icecream with chocolate covered cone pieces and caramel swirls, yum!
2Groovydude melted the butter and chocolate in the microwave.  I use the microwave method instead of a saucepan, because I am less likely to mess it up.
I like this chocolate because it reminds me of San Francisco and it tastes really good.

2Groovydude heated the butter and chocolate in 30 second intervals until melted.  Super easy.

I buttered the pan and gathered the eggs, five eggs! Oh, my!
2Groovydude loves to break the eggs.  He does a really great job.
Look at this yummy dark chocolate batter.  See what i mean by Flips, my tummy is flipping over this.
Clean up crew.

Before and after baking shots.
Finished product cooling on the rack.

Dark and Creamy Chocolate Cake

1 3/4 stick unsalted butter
7 oz dark chocolate, chopped
2/3 cup brown sugar
5 large eggs, cold
3 T. all-purpose flour
Pinch of salt

Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.  Generously butter a 9-inch round cake pan with 2-inch-high side and dust with flour.
Melt the butter and chocolate in a heavy saucepan over very low heat.  Remove from heat and whisk in the sugar and eggs one by one.  Stir vigorously two or three times, then gently whisk in the flour and salt.  Pour the batter into the pan and rap the pan once against the counter.
Bake about 20 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the cake comes out clean.  Run the knife around the edge of the pan, cool 10 minutes, then unmold and cool right-side-up on a rack.

www.parade.com/food/recipes/020710-cark-and-creamy-chocolate-cake   Wow, i always check my sites to make sure you can find my references and it was complicated to get to this recipe through the search box. So, i gave you the "exact" address.  The site was kind of cool though, check it out.

Now, back to the cake.  I liked it.  2Groovydude, says, "too chocolatey".  (I do not understand this language he speaks.)  It reminds me of a custard...really chocolatey...2Groovydude thinks this is a problem, but not for me.  If you like custards and dark chocolate, go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment