CATAGORIES:

Flips (46) Picks (42) Clicks (28) Chicks (19) Digs (19) Trips (18)

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Pumpkin Love

I love pumpkin.
I confess.
Before Christmas sometime, I was over at some friend's house and
their beautiful daughter, Mary Beth, was making pumpkin muffins.
They were so delicious.
I took a picture of the recipe with my phone
and promptly forgot all about it.
I got a new phone and was deleting all the old photos and
there was the recipe.
Mmmm...pumpkin muffins.


While rifling through the pantry to see if I had all of the ingredients,
I found some peanut butter and chocolate chips and
some cinnamon chips.
Oh, and I did have the ingredients, because there are very few.
Another super-duper reason to try this recipe.
Did I say super-duper?
I have been trapped in my house for many snow days,
please forgive.


Muffin tin, muffin papers.
Self-explanatory.

Dump the cake mix, pumpkin and spices in a mixing bowl.
Hope I'm not going too fast for you.
Seriously, it is that easy.


Stir, mix.
Looking very dry.
Stir and mix some more.
Everything is okay.


Now, in the 2hipchick fashion, add some stuff that the recipe does not call for.
All those half bags of chocolate and other various flavors of chips hanging out in my pantry, throw it in.
(Well, I was in a clear things out mood.)


So, do you have one of these?
I got mine from Pampered Chef.
I have two sizes.
This one and an even smaller one that I use for cookie dough.
Measures out the dough or batter, in this case, in precise little blobs that makes your baking look
very professional.
I need all the help I can get.
Handy.


Glob. Glub. Scoop.

It is like an ice cream scoop.
Just click the handle together and the little metal piece moves the batter out of the scoop.
I live for this kind of stuff!


Just look at them!
Perfect little scoops.


These are the best, most moist little muffins you have ever tasted.
Easy?...oh, my!
What?  Four ingredients?
(If you count the spices as one, which I am.)
And if you didn't add the chips, only three ingredients.
But add the chips, because they are like little nuggets of goodness.

PUMPKIN MUFFINS

1 (18.25 oz) package yellow cake mix
1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 t. ground nutmeg
1/4 t. Allspice
3/4 cup cinnamon chips (or chocolate, or peanut butter?)

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.  Prepare muffin pan with muffin papers.  In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, pumpkin and spices.  Stir until completely mixed.  Add flavored chips, if desired.  Spoon or scoop, batter into muffin papers and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Yields 24 muffins.

I cooked for 20 minutes and they were just right.
If you have a left-over can of pumpkin sitting in your pantry from the holidays?
I have just given you a way to get rid of it.
You are welcome.

Try this recipe and get back with me.
Did you like it?
What kind of chips did you use?
I'm thinking pecans or walnuts next time.

2 comments:

  1. I am also a Pumpkin lover!

    So much in fact that my family says I cant make anything pumpkin until at least September.

    Now I have another recipe to throw into my favorites. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My family is the same way. They can only handle so much pumpkin. I can handle it anytime!

    ReplyDelete