CATAGORIES:

Flips (46) Picks (42) Clicks (28) Chicks (19) Digs (19) Trips (18)

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Bread, My Love! and Mushroom Twist Bonus

This is one of my Christmas presents from Lulu's Cole.
I do love the bread.
Any bread.
And this bread is tasty!
Williams-Sonoma
You can 't go wrong.
Okay, so let me tell you about Meyer Lemons.
 "The Meyer lemon is thought to be a cross between
a lemon and a mandarin-...-making it sweeter than
the common lemon."
That's right off the package, people.
Of course, everything is in the mix, you just have to supply the eggs and butter.
Butter!
Another one of my favorite things.
The mix has little chunks of lemon peel, also.

Oh!
My!
This has to be good.

Never can resist a shot of the chicks hard work.
Fresh eggs make everything taste better.

My new favorite photos are the pour shots.

Make the batter all even for a pretty loaf of bread.

And here is the finished product.
I couldn't get a pic before some was already swiped
and scarfed.

Cole and Lulu came for dinner this night and
I made a rice dish with a little twist from the
original recipe, of course.
It's my way.


Mushroom Twist
Needless to say, I get a little distracted when people are
coming over.
So, first of all I left the mushrooms out of the ingredient shot.
And then, forgot to shoot any of the prep work.

Luckily, I did get a shot of the finished product.
It turned out really yummy.

The original recipe rice comes from http://www.allrecipes.com/

Here's what's great about this recipe. 
You mix the ingredients right in the baking pan. 
One dish to clean up.
Also, it bakes in the oven, so no stirring or boiling over.
I did have to add a little liquid at the end of the baking time.

My twist is using white rice, because that's what I had in the pantry.
I also added green onions and mushrooms, because I think I remember
my niece making it that way at a family dinner.
Next time I am going to try fresh mushrooms.
I also like the minced garlic instead of powder.
That's just me.
Twisted it up any way you like it.


2HIP'S MUSHROOM TWIST
1 cup Arborio rice
1 cup of beef broth
1 can (14.5 oz) chicken broth
1/4 cup melted butter
1 t. minced garlic
1 t. seasoning salt
2 green onions, chopped
1 can (4 oz) sliced button mushrooms

Use a 2-quart baking dish and add the rice, broth and other ingredients to the pan and mix.  Bake uncovered in 350 degree oven for one hour or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.  Be sure and check the last 15 minutes of baking time to see if more liquid/broth needs to be added.


I have really been using the mushrooms lately.
Be sure and check out the Marvelous Mushroom post
below, if you are a mushroom fan.
(Notice another pour shot.)
http://2hipchick-2hipchick.blogspot.com/2011/01/marvelous-mushrooms.html

No comments:

Post a Comment