CATAGORIES:

Flips (46) Picks (42) Clicks (28) Chicks (19) Digs (19) Trips (18)

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

BAKE UP SOME HOLIDAY COOKIES

I love Easter time, because the M&M's are pastel!  Look what cute cookies they make.  2Groovydude and I made these this weekend for Easter.  But the great thing is...our friends at M&M's make color combinations all year!  Thanks, guys.  So, that means Christmas red and green, Valentine's red, white, and pink...get the idea?  Or if you go to their website, you can order whatever color you want with whatever you want written right on that little M&M.  http://www.mymms.com/
That is so cool!  I want to order all purple M&M's or all something, I can't decide.  Did you know they make black M&M's?  Oh yeah, check it out.  It makes the M&M's look so much slimmer.
I know the first time I ate these cookies, my friend Rona or her mom made them.  But this recipe is not hers. So, I'm not sure where it came from, but it does not have flour.  I was little freaked out by that, but they are, by far, my family's favorite cookies.
This time I used the pastel M&M's and Hershey's Cinnamon chips and at the last minute I thought it would look even more Eastery with some white chocolate chips, so I threw a few of those in, too.
So, mix it up with this recipe and try what you like.  Daddio's favorite is butterscotch chips instead of chocolate.


Monster Cookies w/Holiday Colors
2 eggs
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 t. vanilla
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 cup butter
1 cup peanut butter
3 cups oatmeal
M&M's
Chocolate chips

Combine all ingredients in order listed.  M&M's and chocolate chips to taste.  (I use 1/2 bag each.)  Place additional M&M's on top of cookies before baking.  Drop onto baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.

I have been eating the leftover cookies every morning for breakfast.  You know, like granola.  Yeah, that's right, they are good for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment