CATAGORIES:

Flips (46) Picks (42) Clicks (28) Chicks (19) Digs (19) Trips (18)

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Artichoke Lasagna

ARTICHOKE LASAGNA
Chop canned artichokes and purple onion.  Place in hot skillet with olive oil and brown.
Sprinkle a small amount of red pepper flakes, just for a little flavor, salt and pepper to taste.
After veggies have browned, add fresh spinach leaves (from our garden) to the pan and cook until wilted.  Set aside.
Brown 1lb ground beef in same skillet.  Limit those dirty dishes.
(Put a pot of water on to boil for the lasagna noodles, now.)
Drain fat from ground beef.  This is a very exciting step.
I have no cute comment.
Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions, then drain.
I cook them a couple minutes less than the directions,
so they are easier to handle and they are going to cook in oven anyway.
Pour about 1/3 of spaghetti sauce in bottom of pan.
Just use your favorite sauce.
Layer cooked lasagna noodles over sauce.
Sprinkle with ground beef.
Mix ricotta, sauted veggies in mixing bowl. (I did not get a picture of mixture, sorry, what was I doing?)
Spread over ground beef, then top with cheese.
I found mozarella and parmesan cheese mixed in same package, handy.
Repeat layers ending with sauce then more cheese.
(More cheese!)
While you are at it, make another pan for your neighbor who just had a baby 3 weeks ago.
She needs a break!
Her husband needs to eat.
I really like parmesan. So, I grated more on top to fill in the holes.
(Have you ever tried to take a pic of yourself grating cheese?  Give it a try.  Tell me how you do.)
Sprinkle chopped green onions over the top to make it pretty.
Cover with foil and bake in 375 degree oven for 45 minutes, then uncover and bake for 20 more minutes to melt all the yummy cheese.  Have I mentioned I love cheese?  I do.

This really turned out great.  Lasagna is not rocket science, but there are a hundred different ways and ingredients that you can use.  I took all my favorites and came up with this one.  It was a hit!

Artichoke Lasagna
1 can artichokes, drained and quartered
1/2 purple onion, chunked
1 cup fresh spinach leaves
1 lb. ground beef, browned and drained
1 box lasagna noodles, cooked according to pkg directions
2 packages of shredded mozarella or Italian blend cheeses
1 12 oz ricotta cheese
1 large jar of spaghetti sauce

FUN NUGGET:

National Donut Day
June 4th
at
Krispy Kreme!

No comments:

Post a Comment