CATAGORIES:

Flips (46) Picks (42) Clicks (28) Chicks (19) Digs (19) Trips (18)

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Birds from the Fern

Remember the Boston Fern?

Last year I had a post about the baby Wrens(?) in my fern.
I'm not really sure they are Wrens, because I could never find a picture of the birds I'm seeing.
Well, whatever they are, they are back again this year.
I think that is so cool.


So, a few weeks ago I noticed the momma and daddy hanging around the fern.
Hmmm, I wonder if they are building a nest?
A few days later I found these pretty little eggs.
The eggs are about the size of the end of your thumb.


Another few weeks go by and baby birds!
Wow, they are so small and cramped.
I guess it keeps them warm.


Another baby shot.
All beaks, legs and fuzz.


Another week goes by and now I'm seeing feathers along with the fuzz.
They are so jammed that you really can't tell where one bird ends and the other begins.


The next week and they are even more crowded.


Now, you can see some eyes and wings and beaks.
I think it's time for some birds to jump out of the nest.
I'm sure that will be any day now, by the looks of the cramped conditions.

Now there is no choice but to buy a fern every year to keep me and the birds happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment