CATAGORIES:

Flips (46) Picks (42) Clicks (28) Chicks (19) Digs (19) Trips (18)

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Memphis on the way to the Beach

The family took a little trip last week. 
Our first stop was in a happening little town called Memphis.
The Mighty Mississippi.
The Muddy Mississippi
And down to the important stuff...food.
If you want some unique and really tasty, delicious BBQ...head to the Rendezvous.
We always ask the locals at the hotel to find the best places to eat. 
They have not lead (led?) us astray in 3 years now.
This is a pic of the waitstaff at the Rendezvous.  You can't get a pic because they move too fast.
There are tons of waiters and these guys have been working here for a long time and they know what they are doing.  They move some food.
However, it was so dark that I couldn't get a good shot of the food.  But believe me it was to die for BBQ.
If you are ever in Memphis look it up.  And you will have to get directions because it is in an alley beside the Peabody Hotel and easy to miss.  Order the meat and cheese appetizer.  I'm telling you!
Cinderella where are you?  How cute is this? 
Horse drawn carriage with all the little lights. 
I love that.
Now, if you know anything about Memphis,
then you know it's all about the Blues, baby!
Loud music, but good music. 
And so very historical.
Of course, I had to get a shot of the Red Rooster.
It reminds me of home.
I miss my chicks!
I tried to get a good shot, really.  I leaned against everything (dreaded camera shake) and could never get it.
But you get the idea and BB Kings in the background.
Boogie on! 
I think I might have spotted Elvis.

FUN NUGGET:

Well, I couldn't download a cool pic for you, but check out:
Some really cool photos and delicious cupcakes (tiny mini-cupcakes).
Minimum order of 50 which will set you back $37.50
I'm talking peanutbutter and jelly cupcake, tie-dye, cookies & cream...okay, I just had to wipe slobber off my chin.
Cool site.

No comments:

Post a Comment