CATAGORIES:

Flips (46) Picks (42) Clicks (28) Chicks (19) Digs (19) Trips (18)

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Fun Times at Baytowne Wharf, Florida

Okay, this is the last of the Florida adventure.  Boo-hoo.
We just really had a great time this year.
One evening we drove out to the Baytowne Wharf.
It is like another country...but not like Texas.
(Remember that ad campaign?  What were they trying to say?)
Anyway, the place it so cute, cozy and quaint and I can't think of any more appropriate adjectives,
but you get the idea. 
My pics are a little on the dark side, but I was playing with camera settings
and you get what you get.
Lots of shops and restaurants and brick paved walk-ways, no cars, pedestrian only.
Just strolling around and checking things out.
We ate at the Acme Oyster Co. 
It was tasty and offered my favorite sweet potato fries, so I was happy.
And Coffee & Donuts down the street...what more could you want?
I don't know if this is a real water tower?  But why not?
It has lights, I never would have thought of that.  Cute.
There were music places to add to the festive atmosphere.
It is just different from what we see at home.
That's what vacation is all about.
There were lots of kid attractions also, bungee jump, carousel, and this contraption below.
It was like an obstacle course, a very high obstacle course.
You were attached to a cable-track and had to make your way through to a spot and ring a bell.
Looked scary to me.  None of my family took the challenge.
Look!  It's my children, up a tree!
2Groovydude, Lulu, and Cole.
How cute!
What a cool tree house!
I want this in my back yard.
Daddio could do it, but will he?
And, oh yeah! The giant chair, (or tiny children?) fun pics.

Baytowne Wharf is bustling, fancy and fun, with good food and lots to see.

So go check it out, if you are ever close by.
BAYTOWNE WHARF

FUN NUGGET:
Coming soon a blog about coffee...my other favorite drink and flavoring.
I haven't given it any space on my blog!
It is just shocking, because I do love it sooo much.

No comments:

Post a Comment