CATAGORIES:

Flips (46) Picks (42) Clicks (28) Chicks (19) Digs (19) Trips (18)

Friday, July 23, 2010

We Love Blue Cheese!

Daddio and 2hipchick love blue cheese.  Yes, I know it's stinky, 2groovydude has told me.  But it is so great, talk about flavor, it has it!  So, we have eaten lots of blue cheese. 
So here's Daddio's blue cheese dressing recipe.

One chunk blue cheese. 
(I want to spell this bleu, somewhere they spell it that way, right?)


Crumble it up.

Crumble some more.
Add more sour cream.
Stir, stir.
Eat, eat!
Bluetiful!

Blue Cheese Dressing Recipe:

One chunk blue cheese, about a cup crumbled, or 3 oz
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup real mayo
1 T. fresh squeezed lemon juice
2 chopped green onions
1 small garlic clove, pressed
1 T. rice wine vinegar
Seasoning salt and pepper, to taste

Daddio originally got this recipe from his mom, Jane.  Since then we have tweaked and modified and come up with the above or as close as we can document.  And Daddio never measures anything, you know the type. 
When I make it, I grate the lemon zest into the dressing also.  You can also put some chopped parsley, but I can never remember to buy it.
Use it for a dip or on a salad, yum!

FUN NUGGET:

I have been trying new recipes out of this new cookbook.
If you are a Food Network fan, you know Paula Deen and this cookbook is by her sons.
Great recipes.
You can get it at http://www.amazon.com/
or go to their site
I saw lots of the recipes from the book on there, plus more!
Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment