CATAGORIES:

Flips (46) Picks (42) Clicks (28) Chicks (19) Digs (19) Trips (18)

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Chickies Galore

Of course, I have not forgotten about the chicks!
Although, the whole puppy thing has distracted me quite a bit.
Here's the latest free-range photo shoot.

Diamond. 
I have to say, I was a little skeptical about the name choice that 2Groovydude
came up with for this chick. 
Now, I think it is perfect.  She has white speckles all over like the sparkle
from a diamond. 
Good job, 2Groovydude!

The Dominiques are my favorite chicken.
We have not had good luck with these birds.
One hawk attack.
One rooster.
And now, Daddio keeps telling me that Scout is getting a little aggressive.
But you know, Scout from To Kill A Mockingbird was a tomboy.
That's who she's named after, after-all.
Please!  Another rooster?
Give me a break.
When do I get my Dominique?
I don't even know what kind of eggs they lay.
Very disappointing.
Maybe she's just mean like Buffy.
 Group shot.
 Buffy.
She used to be mean.
She pecked every little baby chick on the head everyday
while they were little just so they would know who's boss.
Maybe there is still hope for Scout.
 Chuckles.
Can you believe this little skinny bird lays eggs?
About two per week.
 Princess Cluck
Still no eggs from this little beauty with all the personality.
She's a Princess, she doesn't have to lay eggs.
 Brownie girl.
Brownie doesn't lay everyday, but her eggs are green.
So, we like it.
Scamp
Black beauty.
So, the girls are all good.
Winter is coming up and we don't know how that will go for our girls.
Supposedly we picked cold tolerant birds.
Guess we will find out.
I will keep you updated.
Got eggs?


No comments:

Post a Comment