CATAGORIES:

Flips (46) Picks (42) Clicks (28) Chicks (19) Digs (19) Trips (18)

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Yummy Muffin

I was complaining to a co-worker how hungry
 I was after eating cereal one morning and she told me about this muffin recipe.
Protein packed and keeps you from being hungry until lunch.
You will be amazed.
It's called Muffin in a Minute (MIM) from the Atkins Diet website.

Find a mug and mix dry ingredients: Flax meal, baking powder, cinnamon.
Then add egg, and sweetener.
So, this recipe as it stands is a little dry and not that tasty.
To make it really great, add a tablespoon of some kind of nut butter.
My friend uses soy nut butter.
My favorite is almond butter, but peanut butter is also good.
(I actually like anything that ends in the word butter.)
I haven't tried others, but any would work.
I also don't like artificial sweetener, so I add a
tablespoon of honey to mine.
Mix everything well and place in microwave for 1 minute.


Here it is out of the microwave.
Run a knife around the edge and dump out the muffin.


How cute!
Little mug muffin.


  
Cut in half and butter.
Delicious!

Follow the link below for the original recipe.
You can try variations to get the taste you like.
Check out the pumpkin alternative below.

            http://www.atkins.com/Program/Phase1/WhatYouCanEatinthisPhase/AllAboutMIMs.aspx

And if you are still in the mood for pumpkin, the site below has recipe for pumpkin MIM.
Mmmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment